In order to bring metal additive manufacturing to a larger scale, current issues such as productivity, cost and speed still need to be tackled. In order to address them, the IPC group (Innovation – Plasturgie – Composites) launches the European project MAESTRO (Modular laser-based additive manufacturing platform for large scale industry).
To bring this platform to life, industrials are invited to take part in a competition with the same name.
They will have to fulfill a given number of actions:
- Develop an all-in-one pre-process software for AM
- To reduce cost and improve productivity, hybrid manufacturing is one solution. Preforms are made with MIM (Metal injection moulding) process and the upper part is made by DMLS.
- Real time monitoring of the DMLS process by various monitoring systems to check the quality of the melting and the part.
- Put together all these previous points to create the MAESTRO platform.
- Last point is dedicated to the MAESTRO platform demonstration.
Interested participants can propose case studies for future products to be manufactured by the MAESTRO technologies. The project partners will evaluate all proposals based on economical, technical and societal criteria. The fabrication process of the case studies should be able to go through the different stages of industrialization: throughput, throughput time, process parameter control, yield, cost. The winner of the contest will get a free prototyping of the products.
The participation file to fill is available at https://www.maestro-project.eu/downloads/public-documents/ and all applications should be sent at email@example.com prior to February 28th 2019, 5 PM.
For further information about 3D Printing, follow us on our social networks and subscribe to our newsletter!
Would you like to be featured in the next issue of our digital magazine? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org