UltiMaker, the new company that combines Ultimaker and MakerBot’s products under one roof, introduces a new 3D printer developed for education purpose. Named MakerBot SKETCH® Large 3D printer, the new addition to the MakerBot SKETCH portfolio ambitions to improve the experience of those who are exploring the potential of 3D printing. The new 3D printer would enable to achieve up to 10 student projects on one build plate, optimizing this way print times and enabling educators to focus on their priorities.
As you may know, UltiMaker is acknowledged for its education ecosystem that enables educators to leverage a wide range of resources designed to improve learning in the classroom. This includes hundreds of pre-designed and proven projects and lesson plans for all grade levels, in-depth training through the MakerBot Certification™ programs, MakerBot CloudPrint™ which can be connected to Google Classroom, and access to a growing knowledge base on one of the largest 3D printing communities of educators on Thingiverse®.
UltiMaker says the SKETCH Large will be available as a single unit solution or as a two-unit classroom package. According to a press release, in addition to the collection of 3D printing education resources available through MakerBot Education™ on Thingiverse and customer support from UltiMaker, the package includes:
- One SKETCH Large 3D printer which features a fully-enclosed chamber, a particulate filter, a heated and flexible build plate, touchscreen capabilities, onboard camera, material sensors, and Wi-Fi and USB capabilities.
- Compatibility with MakerBot® PLA and TOUGH™ materials. SKETCH Large comes with three (3) spools of easy-to-print MakerBot PLA – which would be enough for an entire school semester.
- ISTE-certified 3D printer training, curriculum creation and design thinking courses. One (1) teacher license and fifteen (15) student licenses for the MakerBot Certification training programs for educators and students, which includes a comprehensive curriculum program for educators and interactive design thinking courses for students.
- Free and easy-to-use cloud software with Google for Education integration. MakerBot CloudPrint, a cloud-based print preparation and classroom management application that lets educators prepare, print, manage, and monitor 3D prints easily and securely.
- Additional accessories for seamless printing. Each printer comes with one (1) extra build plate, one (1) spatula and one (1) pair of snips.
“Supporting 3D printing and STEAM education continues to be one of our core tenets. We believe that making 3D printing more accessible will empower students to take their creativity to the next level. With the new SKETCH Large, educators and students can amplify their ideas and designs, unfettered by the limitations of a printer,” said Nadav Goshen, CEO at UltiMaker. “But 3D printing is more than just the printer, which is why we are continuously improving our education ecosystem—one of the most comprehensive and established 3D printing solutions on the market for educators. We aim to give educators and students the tools and resources they need to unleash their creativity and unlock the possibilities in learning.”
SKETCH Large is expected to begin shipping in December.
Remember, you can post free of charge job opportunities in the AM Industry on 3D ADEPT Media or look for a job via our job board. Make sure to follow us on our social networks and subscribe to our weekly newsletter : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram ! If you want to be featured in the next issue of our digital magazine or if you hear a story that needs to be heard, make sure to send it to email@example.com