Available at a retail price of US$1999 and a special pre-order price of US$1399
Peopoly, manufacturer of professional 3D printers, adds a high-performance FFF 3D printer to its portfolio. Named Magneto X, the new 3D printer would go beyond traditional belts and pulleys and enables high-speed and great surface finish thanks to a key feature: proprietary MagXY magnetic levitation linear motor system for the X and Y axes.
This motion system does away with belts and pulleys, thereby eliminating common artifacts like ringing and VFA (vertical fine artifacts). In contrast to traditional stepper motors, which can suffer from reduced precision under heavy loads, the MagXY system remains cool, sustaining its accuracy through a true closed-loop system with position feedback, the company explains.
Thanks to the motion system, operators can achieve a repeatability of 3 microns during printing. Other benefits include a lower rail friction which reduces the need for frequent calibration, a faster extruder replacement as there are no belts to disconnect or obstruct access, a more streamlined motion system compared to those reliant on belts and stepper motors.
The challenge with belts is that they require periodic tension adjustments and may lead to wear and tear, complicating maintenance.
Other key specifications of the 3D printer include:
- A 400 x 300 x 300 mm build volume
- Print speeds of up to 1200 mm/s and a maximum acceleration of 22,000 mm^2/s
- An extrusion force of 90 Newtons and a filament speed of 30 mm/s
- A maximum flow rate of up to 60 mm^3/s, facilitating rapid printing without sacrificing quality
- A standard E3D V6 volcano-style nozzle
- A 300°C hot end and includes 0.4mm copper and hardened steel nozzles
- A7” IPS touchscreen
- A 1080P HiDef camera for real-time monitoring and time-lapse recording
- A jetstream-style side fan ensures consistent cooling for high-speed printing. And a holographic preview of the G-code that is being printed
- The 3D printer supports 110V/220V power supply inputs.
The machine supports Orca Slicer, PrusaSlicer, and Cura and provides multiple connection options such as WiFi, Ethernet, and SD card offline mode. Peopoly supports the open-source community and sponsors OctoPrint and Orca Slicer. Magneto X operates on Klipper firmware with a transparent code base. It neither requires a network connection to function nor sends or stores data in the cloud, ensuring operability alongside full security and IP protection.
Each purchase includes a one-year parts warranty.
Remember, you can post free of charge job opportunities in the AM Industry on 3D ADEPT Media or look for a job via our job board. Make sure to follow us on our social networks and subscribe to our weekly newsletter : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram ! If you want to be featured in the next issue of our digital magazine or if you hear a story that needs to be heard, make sure to send it to email@example.com