Metrology device developer Shining 3D has unveiled its new FreeScan UE Pro 3D scanner. For those who do not know, Shining 3D, founded in 2004, has built up extensive expertise in the 3D scanning space. The company’s system portfolio includes a variety of products which range from handheld metrology devices to small-scale desktop inspection systems, with over 300 technology patents to boot.
So far, the product lines that the company used to highlight, are the EinScan H and EinScan Pro devices, the FreeScan Trak CMM scanning system and the AutoScan Inspec.
The newly launched multifunctional laser handheld 3D scanner is part of the company’s FreeScan UE portfolio. Developed with Shining’s own blue laser technology, it aims to combine accuracy and ergonomics for a wide variety of medium to large part scanning applications.
It adopts 26+5+1 blue laser lines and has a built-in photogrammetric module. Taking into account speed, accuracy and details, this professional 3D metrology solution can be applied to different sized scanning scenarios, hence it’s great fit for accuracy inspection, reverse design, additive manufacturing and other applications.
“Photogrammetry plays an important role in the 3D scanning of big objects, providing a guarantee of high accuracy. We fuse the power of laser and photogrammetry in the FreeScan UE Pro to provide a highly efficient all-in-one solution for large-scale 3D inspection and reverse engineering”, Sunny Wong, Product Manager Industrial Products, SHINING 3D states.
Main features of the FreeScan UE Pro include:
- Metrology-Grade High Accuracy: Accuracy up to 0.02mm, delivers consistent scanning results with high precision.
- Global Precision Control: Integrated photogrammetry function, no need to apply reference points, quickly locks the spatial position of the target frame in large scene.
- Multiple Scanning Modes:
- 13 cross laser lines to scan large objects quickly,
- 5 parallel laser lines to scan fine details
- 1 single laser line for deep hole and narrow area scanning.
- Easy Operation: Inheriting the lightweight and ergonomic design of the UE series, the user-friendly scanning software enables an easy operation and shortens the learning curve.
- Wide Range of Material Adaptations: Supports scanning of black and high-reflective surfaces, reduces requirement of scanning spray, more efficient scanning process.
- Fine and Rich Details: With higher resolution cameras and 5 parallel laser lines, FreeScan UE Pro enables rich feature object scanning and restores fine details more accurate.
- OTA-Updates: Whenever there is a new update, a notification pops up to enable a direct download of the free software.
- Seamless docking to inspection and design software: The scan data can be imported into all mainstream 3D inspection and design software programs, such as Geomagic Control X, Geomagic Design X, and Verisurf Inspect with one click, improving the workflow efficiency.
Remember, you can post job opportunities in the AM Industry on 3D ADEPT Media free of charge or look for a job via our job board. Make sure to follow us on our social networks and subscribe to our weekly newsletter : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram ! If you want to be featured in the next issue of our digital magazine or if you hear a story that needs to be heard, make sure to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org