On Wednesday 14th September from 03.30 pm to 04.30 CET, we sat down with Anna Cheniuntai, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Apis Cor, and Stephan Mansour, Associate Consultant at Wohlers Associates, an ASTM company to discuss manufacturing, costs and standardization in construction 3D printing.
Held as part our Additive Talks series, the conversation follows the recent hype around 3D printed homes and buildings that are currently being built across the world. It ambitioned to highlight the current requirements to build a 3D printed home and the various requirements contractors should take into account in the construction 3D printing process. It also demystifies a major misconception, buyers currently have with regards to costs in construction 3D printing.
Major points discussed include the following:
- Other manufacturing processes that can be a best fit for 3D printing houses apart from extrusion 3D printing.
- The concept of digital inventory in the construction industry: the stakeholders involved and what needs to be done to make it work.
- Materials :
- The challenges that may arouse in developing fully customizable 3D printable materials for construction.
- The importance of taking into account geographical requirements and what these requirements can be.
- Standardization :
- The current advancements at the standardization level
- The next steps to achieve to move forward in the field.
The panel has been reinforced by a number of questions from the audience that were keen to learn how these technological advancements could be applied in their respective professional environment.
Remember, you can post job opportunities in the AM Industry on 3D ADEPT Media free of charge or look for a job via our job board. Make sure to follow us on our social networks and subscribe to our weekly newsletter : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram ! If you want to be featured in the next issue of our digital magazine or if you hear a story that needs to be heard, make sure to send it to email@example.com