Do you remember AMGTA, the Additive Manfuacturer Green Trade Association launched last year at Formnext? The association announced today that twelve additive manufacturing companies have decided to join the global group and support them in their mission to promote more sustainability within the industry.
Throughout this year, sustainability has become a key issue raised by companies in and out of this industry. The topic itself has been addressed so many times during the past months. In a recent panel discussion on the relationship between sustainability and Additive Manufacturing, Sherry Handel, the executive director of AMGTA laid emphasis on the fact that “sustainability is a journey, not a destination” and everyone should feel concerned.
That’s certainly the reason why AMGTA has broadened the entry conditions to any additive manufacturing company, and not only manufacturer as stated in the beginning. The new member companies therefore are:
- Sintavia, a leading additive manufacturer focused on the aerospace, defense, and space industry and founding member of AMGTA;
- Joining Sintavia as co-founders are Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation (one of the operating companies under Nippon Sanso Holdings Corporation), a supplier of stable industrial gases to a wide variety of global industries; and QC Laboratories, Inc., an industrial and commercial non-destructive testing laboratory focused on AM components.
- AMEXCI AB, an accelerator for the adoption of additive manufacturing in Nordic industries;
- Danish AM Hub, Denmark’s focal point for the additive manufacturing ecosystem;
- EOS a leading technology supplier in the industrial 3D printing of metals and polymers;
- GE Additive, another leading company in additive design and manufacturing,
- Materialise incorporates three decades of 3D printing experience into a range of software solutions and 3D printing services;
- the National Manufacturing Institute Scotland, a group of industry-led manufacturing R&D facilities transforming skills, productivity, and innovation in Scotland;
- Siemens Digital Industries Software, a driver of design, engineering and manufacturing transformation with its Xcelerator digital enterprise portfolio;
- SLM Solutions Inc., a leading provider of industrial metal 3D printing machines focused on metal additive manufacturing and multi-laser technology;
- and Stryker, a medical technology company.
“I’m delighted to welcome each of these esteemed founding members and participating member companies to the AMGTA,” said Sherry Handel, Executive Director of the AMGTA. “Their commitment not only to support the mission of our new trade group, but also their passion for sustainability, well positions the AMGTA to serve as a key industry resource in advancing sustainability in the AM industry. I am looking forward to working with each of our member companies as we embark on this exciting and important journey together.”
Remember, you can post free of charge job opportunities in the AM Industry on 3D ADEPT Media or look for a job via our job board. Make sure to follow us on our social networks and subscribe to our weekly newsletter : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram ! If you want to be featured in the next issue of our digital magazine or if you hear a story that needs to be heard, make sure to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org