- This event has passed.
Considerations When Integrating Additive Manufacturing into Aerospace and Ground Vehicle Development and Production Environments
August 16, 2018 @ 1 h 00 min - 2 h 00 min
SAE International invites members of the mobility engineering community to participate in the SAE Additive Manufacturing Webinar: Considerations When Integrating Additive Manufacturing into Aerospace and Ground Vehicle Development and Production Environments on August 16, 2018 at 1:00 PM EST. Moderated by Audra Ziegenfuss (Senior Global Product Manager, SAE International), the in-depth discussion will be led by guest speakers Dr. John Hart (Director, Center for Additive and Digital Advanced Production Technologies (ADAPT) at MIT), Bill Harris (Technical Fellow, Lockheed Martin), and Adam Rivard (Additive Manufacturing Director, LAI International, Inc.), boasting a combined 65+ years of valuable engineering experience, knowledge, and expertise.
The aerospace and ground vehicle mobility industry’s trusted source for advanced manufacturing information and resources, SAE International seeks to educate webinar participants about the exciting new technologies surrounding additive manufacturing. Topics to be addressed over the course of the webinar include:
- How additive manufacturing is expected to impact the aerospace and automotive industries as the field advances
- Risks associated in introducing flight-critical additive manufacturing parts
- The anticipated timeline for general acceptance of additive manufacturing parts by aerospace customers
- Key business and technical considerations from the OEM perspective related to becoming a supplier of additively manufactured products
- Novel additive manufacturing methods translatable to aerospace and automotive