- This event has passed.
3DHEALS2018 Global Healthcare 3D Printing and Bio-Printing Summit: Join the Genius Tribe
April 20, 2018 - April 21, 2018
3DHEALS, LLC is pleased to announce its annual event focusing on healthcare innovations using 3D printing and bio-printing technologies. The event expects 300+ attendees from 10+ countries and will take place at Bespoke SF, downtown San Francisco. The event will take place in San Francisco on April 20 and 21, 2018.
This two-day activity-filled event includes a Day 1 hands-on workshop to continue the company’s efforts in building and expanding end-user base among medical and dental healthcare providers, but also provide organizations with how-tos to become early adopter and users of 3D printing and bio-printing technologies
Day 2 is the main conference day where 40+ industry leaders and innovators will speak. The event’s keynote speaker Mr. Jeffrey Sorenson from Terarecon will start the day with his insights on how an integrated digital system composed of 3D visualization, 3D printing, and artificial intelligence will impact the future of healthcare. Two parallel tracks of expert panel presentations and QA sessions will then ensue.
Among the many topics that will be explored in-depth during the conference, notable ones include:
- 3D printing in healthcare organizations– Include presentations from multiple institutions with variable resources, including Stanford Health Care, Children Hospital of Phoenix, UCSF, and Children Hospital Boston.
- Legal and regulatory updates– FDA and CE updates on 3D printed medical devices, IP and liability concerns in healthcare 3D printing and bio-printing innovations. Presenting companies include UL, JNJ, ReedSmith, Nixon Peabody, and Squire Patton Boggs.
- Digital dentistry– Include current and future trends of implementing 3D printing in dentistry and becoming part of a growing dental in-office digital manufacturing ecosystem.
- Advanced materials updates– Include current and future material selection of biocompatible polymers and metals for 3D printed medical devices. This powerful panel includes Nag Patibandla from Applied Materials, Rik Jacobs from NextDent (now 3D Systems), Karsten Schlichter from Elkem Silicones, and Ankit Saharan from EOS.
- Bioprinting panel– Includes perspectives of how, and how soon bio-printing will impact the future of organ transplant and pharmaceutical research form a panel of bio-printing startups including Aspect Biosystems, Prellis Biologics, and pharmaceutical startup Viscient Biosciences (partner with Organovo), as well as Medtronic.
- Orthotics and Prosthetics panel– Includes updates from founders of Standard Cyborg, WiDE, the Victoria Hand Project.
- Orthopedics panel– Includes presentations by UCSF orthopedics and AnatomicsRx, a company that successfully created the first customized sternum implant in the United States.
- International panel – Includes individual to organizational insights on healthcare 3D printing and bio-printing innovations all over the world.